Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Library Loot: April 7

Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Eva and Marg that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post, visit one of their blogs and link to Mr. Linky any time during the week. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries!


Finally, it's my turn for Wolf Hall! I was #35 on the waiting list! I also had to wait for Hunger Games, which is outside of my usual reading, but I read a writing article about great first chapters that cited Hunger Games as a perfect example, and they were right on the money because I decided I had to read it after reading that first chapter. Since I have to get both of these back on time, the rest of my TBR list is getting put on hold until these are finished.

Wolf Hall: A Novel (Man Booker Prize)  The Hunger Games



8 comments:

  1. They are two very different books! I loved The Hunger Games and the sequel Catching Fire. Now I am waiting very anxiously for the final book in the trilogy.

    Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read the Hunger Games but I liked Wolf Hall. It really is an amazing picture of the times but it sure takes some reading.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy Wolf Hall! I haven't gotten to it yet, but it's definitely on my TBR list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your library loot. I love The Hunger Games. I hope you do, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How interesting! I'll have to go back and reread that first chapter with that in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are both books that I want to read. I started Wolf Hall but had to return it when it had holds on it and I wasn't finished :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your loot. I've seen both books all over the blogs but not read either yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That makes me wonder what other books were cited in the great first paragraphs article...and I love that this one held true! Enjoy...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Getting feedback on my posts makes my day! Thanks for being here!