Friday, January 29, 2010

Friday Firsts: The Spymaster's Lady



The first line can make or break a reader's interest.
How well did the author pull you into the story
with their first sentence?


The Spymaster's Lady (The Spymaster Series)She was willing to die, of course, but she had not planned to do it so soon, or in such a prolongued and uncomfortable fashion, or at the hands of her own countrymen.






How can you not keep reading after a first line like this? I was already about 100 pages into another romance and planning on reading this one in a week or so, but I had to read the first page when it arrived and I just couldn't stop there. So far, so good!


Friday Firsts is hosted by Well-Read Reviews.
If you'd like to join the fun, visit the site for details.


3 comments:

  1. I'm not even inclined towards straight romance, and that sentence draws me in. Awesome find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It actually turned out to be far better than the average romance. Really well-written and pretty original and suspenseful, and damn sexy! I couldn't put it down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great first line! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Getting feedback on my posts makes my day! Thanks for being here!