Monday, July 26, 2010

Beach Reading Recap

It's been hot as Hades in the Upper South and it was hot in South Carolina, too, but fortunately the beach was the coolest place to be with those lovely breezes blowing all day and the water beckoning! My hometown of Fredericksburg, VA set a record on Saturday with a high temp of 109 and a heat index of 120. Yikes! So glad I missed that! While my husband was sweltering I spent three full days relaxing in Myrtle Beach with my sister and a friend and I got a lot of reading done. Now it's back to work and time to to get my butt in gear on the reviews!

I finished reading:

For a Queen's Love: The Stories of the Royal Wives of Philip II (A Novel of the Tudors)  Shiver

I started and finished:

Immortal Warrior  The Duke of Shadows

And I started:

Linger (Wolves of Mercy Falls, Book 2)

And I've got my Giveaway of Adam & Eve going on through Sunday so don't forget to enter to win!

7 comments:

  1. Lucky you! I love Myrtle Beach!!!! Hope you had a good time!

    I'm looking forward to your review on the Plaidy book - I just LOVE her!!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now THAT'S hot! Good thing you had some good books :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was sweltering here in the upstate of South Carolina - our air conditioner could barely keep up. I keep hearing great things about Shiver and Linger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guess it's hot all over! Glad you were able to enjoy the beach...Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I do love Myrtle Beach! I'm a native Texan, but I lived in eastern NC for a while, and Myrtle Beach was one of my favorite getaway spots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You read Shiver and are starting Linger - good choices! Have a super week cant wait to read your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We went to Myrtle Beach once when I was a kid for a family vacation. Shiver and Linger are on my "someday" list.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Getting feedback on my posts makes my day! Thanks for being here!