Monday, February 7, 2011

Quick Review: The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

From the Back Cover:

My name is Meghan Chase. I thought it was over.

That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it.

This time, there will be no turning back.

My Thoughts:

It's so hard to review this series without giving anything away, so I'm just going to tell you that I love these books, and this book in particular, and why.

I love Prince Ash. Love him, love him, love him. And he loves Meghan. Yeah, when they first met he tried to kill her, and then he did try to kill her again in the second book, but that wasn't his fault! But seriously, I love this couple. They balance each other out so well and Ms. Kagawa has done an outstanding job of developing these two characters over the course of these books. It's really, really nice to find a couple in today's YA who, though they come from different worlds, are truly devoted to each other; supportive, honest, and open with each other. But our favorite couple has a hard time of it in this one as those odds they've been fighting start to catch up with them, namely the ongoing power struggle between Summer and Winter as Iron encroaches, and the unfortunate fact that as Meghan's Iron power grows, Ash gets sicker.

Another page turner through the land of Faery, with lots of adventure and imagination, a little romance, some surprising plot twists, and an ending that just tore my heart out--had me crying my eyes out and then turning the last page saying: Man, that was awful, but that was so good! Can't wait for The Iron Knight and even more Prince Ash. I highly recommend this series to anyone who likes to escape with a book into a world of fantasy and romance.

My Rating:  5 Stars out of 5

*Please note: This review references an advance digital copy received from the publisher courtesy of NetGalley, and therefore the final published copy may differ. Though I received this book from the publisher, these are my honest and unbiased thoughts, and I was not compensated in any other way for reviewing this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Getting feedback on my posts makes my day! Thanks for being here!