Saturday, March 5, 2011

Quick Review: A Hellion in Her Bed by Sabrina Jeffries

From the Back Cover:

Mired in scandal after his parents’ mysterious deaths, notorious gambler Lord Jarret Sharpe agrees to tamely run the family brewery for a year if his Machiavellian grandmother rescinds her ultimatum that he marry. But the gambler in him can’t resist when beguiling Annabel Lake proposes a wager. If she wins their card game, he must help save her family’s foundering brewery. But if he wins, she must spend a night in his bed. The outcome sets off a chain of events that threatens to destroy all his plans . . . and unveils the secret Annabel has held for so long. When Jarret discovers the darker reason behind her wager, he forces her into another one—and this time he intends to win not just her body, but her heart.

My Thoughts:

You really can't go wrong with a Sabrina Jeffries book. Great characters and good plots that don't rely on outrageous heroics and never devolve into silliness. I really liked the plot of this one, with Annabel seeking out Jarret, the newly installed manager of his family's successful large brewery, to form a partnership that will help save her family's ailing small brewery. A smart heroine with a big heart and even bigger secrets, a roguish hero who wants more out of life; steamy sex, and beer--what's not to love?

I picked this up at a library sale and it's actually second in a series. There's a subplot involving the mysterious circumstances surrounding the death of the Sharpe parents, and apparently it will be a theme throughout the series with a little bit of the mystery revealed in each book until the end. In that respect, I wish I'd read The Truth About Lord Stoneville first just so I understood that aspect better. But I really enjoyed this one and I plan on reading the rest of the series, in which each of the five Sharpe children have a starring role as they try to find their way around their grandmother's conditions for obtaining their inheritances. All around a good romance!

My Rating:  4 Stars out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Getting feedback on my posts makes my day! Thanks for being here!