Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: Exit the Actress

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:




Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two "teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! Share the title & author, too, so that others can add the book to their TBR Lists!


This week my teaser comes from Exit the Actress, a novel about Nell Gwyn and Charles II, by Priya Parmar. I'm starting this tonight, so this is a true random teaser from page 24:


Exit the Actress: A Novel"Ellen," she sobbed. "You have ruined everything. He will never, never forgive me." She turned, picked up her skirts, and ran out through the alley.

11 comments:

  1. Great teaser!! Does she get forgiven??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teaser! http://bookskidsanimalsandmore.blogspot.com/2011/03/teaser-tuesday_21.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that sounds poignant...hope it turns out okay!

    Here's MY TT POST

    ReplyDelete
  4. Should be an interesting novel - Nell Gwyn is famous! Nice teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very good teaser. I will check it out. Looking at all those teassers only makes my tbr pile longer! So many books, so less time to read, so less space to keep!

    Here is my Teaser Tuesday: Out At Night by Susan Arnout Smith post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great teaser choice ! You can find mine at The Bookish Snob Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Uh-oh!!

    http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2011/03/teaser-tuesday_22.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, what did she do?
    Here's mine:
    http://lulilut.blogspot.com/2011/03/teaser-tuesdays-hidden-away.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love love Exist the Actress. Now with this teaser I just might pull it out and re-read it again :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope that you are enjoying your book. Here is my Teaser For Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Getting feedback on my posts makes my day! Thanks for being here!