Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: The American Heiress

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:





Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two "teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! Share the title & author, too, so that others can add the book to their TBR Lists!


This week my teaser comes from The American Heiress, a decadent novel of the Gilded Age that I recently read and reviewed, and really enjoyed! This is from page 27:


The American Heiress: A NovelPerhaps, he thought, if she really cared for him...but he knew that what he principally represented to her was escape. He would like to paint her, though, angry and direct--the spirit of the New World dressed in the trappings of the Old. He couldn't resist taking her face in his hands and kissing her one last time.


Are you teased?
Enter to win your own copy of The American Heiress!
Click Here to enter the Giveaway!

20 comments:

  1. love the teaser, thanks for sharing.


    heres mine

    http://satinsbookishcorner.blogspot.com/2011/08/tuesday-teaser_09.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I like it. I definitely want to know who "he" is now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh very nice teaser! And mysterious on the "he"! Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tantalizing! I'm intrigued. Thanks for sharing. If you get a chance, my teaser is here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great teaser, a little sad, but interesting. Here is my TT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmmmm....A heart wrenching teaser?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent teaser. I am glad you enjoyed the book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Consider me teased! Sounds heart-achingly romantic :) Thanks for the teaser!

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been meaning to read this one! Great teaser - lots of passion there.

    Thanks for visiting my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome teaser! I want to read the book. Happy reading!
    http://alaskanbookcafe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with Cecelia. Loads of passion in one small scene.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful teaser. Thanks for visiting me today--it was actually my winning Dracula in Love that inspired me to first read the original Dracula. Hope to finish before the weekend so I can then devote it to DIL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the teaser, I'm now following! Here's my teaser:
    http://thisishowitssupposedtobe.blogspot.com/2011/08/teaser-tuesdays-14.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is swoon worthy of a beloved look on my face. PS I finished Quinn's Lost Duke and Mr Cavendish. Loved the first and despaired by disappointment by the second. Write up is coming but I have to say I loved her Offer from a Gentleman - try that one if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great teaser. I have to move this one up my tbr pile so I can find out who this man is. Here is my teaser:
    http://bookaholicmom.blogspot.com/2011/08/teaser-tuesday-august-9-only-time-will.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very nice teaser..new follower of your fabulous blog :)
    here is mine:
    http://vampyregurlsbookclub.blogspot.com/2011/08/teaser-tuesday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Why the last time? Great teaser! Beautiful cover, too.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great teaser! Thanks for stopping by and checking my teaser out!

    Louise @ Between the Covers

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have this but haven't read it yet. Fantastic teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Why one last time? Is she leaving ?

    Thanks for visiting e-Volving Books

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Getting feedback on my posts makes my day! Thanks for being here!