Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: Daughter of Smoke & Bone

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:





Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two "teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! Share the title & author, too, so that others can add the book to their TBR Lists!


This week my teaser comes from Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor. This young adult urban fantasy, in which a lonely teenage girl discovers the existence of another world, comes out on September 27th. The writing in this book is fantastic. I'm talking pitch-perfect, drool-worthy, gorgeous, evocative language. My review goes up later this week. Here's a sample, from page 71:



She craved a presence beside her, solid. Fingertips light at the nape of her neck and a voice meeting hers in the dark. Someone who would wait with an umbrella to walk her home in the rain, and smile like sunshine when he saw her coming. Who would dance with her on her balcony, keep his promises and know her secrets, and make a tiny world wherever he was, with just her and his arms and his whisper and her trust.




Wow, right?!
Got a teaser to share?
Please leave a link so I can visit!

13 comments:

  1. I have this book, but haven't read it yet. This teaser makes me really excited. Thanks for sharing!
    Here's mine: http://thebookishbabes.blogspot.com/2011/09/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I...Want...this...book!!!!! Ahhhh!!!! Thanks for the teaser...i have been thoroughly teased!

    http://beckonedbybooks.blogspot.com/2011/09/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! Love the cover too!

    What fun! Here is mine. Please drop by and say hello! I'd love to hear from you.

    Have a great Tuesday!

    Sassy Brit
    Alternative-Read.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teaser! Thanks for sharing. If you get a chance, my teaser is here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, indeed. Such a great teaser!!! Cannot wait to read this!

    My Teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great teaser! I've heard a lot about this book! New follower!

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great teaser. Cannot wait to read this one.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/09/teaser-tuesday-35.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great teaser! I've been quite interested in this one lately, since I've started seeing it around. I hope you'll enjoy it! My teaser can be found here!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Getting feedback on my posts makes my day! Thanks for being here!