Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Teaser Tuesday: Dark Triumph


I was a big fan of the first book in the His Fair Assassin series, Grave Mercy. A dark historical featuring carefully trained female assassins serving the god of Death in 15th century France? Bring it! Here's a totally random teaser from book number two, Dark Triumph, which I'm starting today. From page 62:


     For a brief moment, I consider dumping the entire contents into my wine. If I drink all of it, I will never wake up. The thought of going to sleep and never having to deal with d'Albret or the abbess or Julian again is as seductive as a siren's song.
     But what if Death rejects me again? Then I will be forced to lie weak and vulnerable, at the mercy of others while I recover. A most terrifying thought.




Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two teaser sentences from somewhere on that page

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! Share the title & author, too, so that others can add the book to their TBR Lists!


Got a teaser?
Leave a comment with a link so I can visit!

5 comments:

  1. Great teaser. I have this book on my TBR mountain. Come see my teasers for Sharp by Alex Hughes and The Madman's Daughter by Megan Shepherd. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to this book. I loved Grave Mercy.

    Mine is here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I received the book and it looks quite menacing staring at me from the bookshelf, calling me to read it. Alas, I school work hasn't let me. Great teaser!
    Amy's Massive B-day Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Getting feedback on my posts makes my day! Thanks for being here!