Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Teaser Tuesday: The Outcast Prince

Today I'm sharing a teaser from a brand new book I recently treated myself to. Shona Husk is a new-to-me author, but the description and positive reviews reeled me in. I love a good fae story! And it takes place in Charleston, SC--just about my favorite place in the whole wide world!

From page 19:

Caspian stood opposite her and let his fingertips brush the wood. He didn't have to imagine the parties that went on below; he could see them. Laid over each other in a haze of alcohol, perfume, and skin. If he closed his eyes and concentrated, he'd be able to separate them all instead of just feeling the rush of excitement and the heat of desire. The yearning that lingered long after everyone had left. Just being in the house was crumbling the walls he usually put up against getting lost in the past.


Just One Taste Is All It Takes...

Caspian Mort can feel the history in anything he touches, a gift he inherited from his father, the Crown Prince of Annwyn. Devastated over his ex-wife's infidelity, Caspian has withdrawn from human contact except when working as an antiques dealer.

To Be Forever Lost...

While assessing the contents of the historic Callaway House he encounters the beautiful Lydia Callaway and senses that her home is haunted by a banished fairy. But what does the dangerous exile want? Unbeknownst to Lydia, she's the owner of the last remaining portal to Annwyn—a mirror hidden somewhere in the house. To keep Lydia safe, Caspian will have to divulge the secrets of his heritage, and risk losing his heart again.


Got a teaser?
Leave a comment with a link so I can visit!

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two teaser sentences from somewhere on that page


BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! Share the title & author, too, so that others can add the book to their TBR Lists!

4 comments:

  1. Interesting cover and the title is just as interesting. Hope you are enjoying this one.
    Here's my teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does sound good. I hope it is as good as you expect. My teasers this week are from Good As Gone by Douglas Corleone and Awoken by Timothy Miller. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I won this one and can't wait for it to get here!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Getting feedback on my posts makes my day! Thanks for being here!