Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas! Romance Reading Round-Up


Ho Ho Ho!

I hope everyone is having a fun-filled holiday!


I read five Christmas romances this month to help get me into the Christmas spirit, and they were all winners! I thought I'd put them all together in one post for your perusal. If you want to keep the Christmas feeling going a little longer, download one of these today!


A fun novella in the Spindle Cove series. A wounded Frenchman crashes the cove's Christmas Ball and makes a beeline for Violet Winterbottom, throwing everyone into a frenzy and the militia into action, fearing a French invasion (The Napoleonic War is raging, after all). He's held on suspicion of being a spy and Violet is tasked with translating any answers he gives. But the stranger is startlingly familiar to Violet. He looks an awful lot like the man who took her virtue and her heart and never looked back--the man who drove Violet to start a new life in Spindle Cove...

No spoilers! But this is an exciting little story covering one night of mayhem in Spindle Cove, with humor, adventure, steamy sexual tension, and of course, love. My only complaint is that there was very little Christmas in this Christmas tale. But I do love this series! 4 Stars!



This was a nice romantic take on the Dickens classic. An English country town, a new mill owner whose hard-edged business decisions are bested only by his hardened heart, protesting out-of-work laborers, a town on the verge of economic collapse, and the woman who wants to make peace between all of them. Joseph Stratford finally sees the error of his ways with the help of intriguing spinster Barbara Limpett and the ghosts of Christmas past, present, and future. Good characters, good story--a funny and sexy good time! 4 Stars!

And these three which I've already reviewed on the blog.
Click the pics to read my thoughts on each!


            


Merry Christmas!



5 comments:

I love comments! Getting feedback on my posts makes my day! Thanks for being here!