Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Vintage Teaser Tuesday: Kilmeny of the Orchard




Once she asked him naively, "Are there many people like you out in the world?"

"Thousands of them," said Eric, laughing.

She looked gravely at him. Then she gave her head a quick decided little shake.

"I do not think so," she wrote. "I do not know much of the world, but I do not think there are many people like you in it."





I loved this sweet romance novella from the author of Anne of Green Gables, in which a wealthy young man from the mainland spends a summer on Prince Edward Island and falls in love with a beautiful local girl, perfect in every way but one: she can't speak. It's a really moving story, I loved the descriptions of life on the island, I loved the characters, and I shed a tear when it was over. And  this enhanced version features full color artwork. A lovely way to while away a spring afternoon!


Click the cover to visit The Vintage Reader and download it now for only 99-cents!

Got a teaser?
Please leave a link so I can visit :)


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two teaser sentences from somewhere on that page

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! Share the title & author, too, so that others can add the book to their TBR Lists!

7 comments:

  1. Oh, I was curious about why she was writing...she cannot speak.

    This does sound lovely...and since I adored Anne of Green Gables, this one is going on my list.

    Here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does sound like a sweet story. One day I am actually going to have to read Anne of Green Gables. I missed it during my childhood and haven't caught up yet. My teaser is from Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks cute. I'll have to check this book out. Thanks for sharing. My teaser is here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the Anne of Green Gables series and the emily books. Have not heard of this one before, but will certainly check it out! My teaser: The Descendants by Kaui Hart Hemmings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a lovely vintage read, thanks for visitng my blog The Vintage Bookshelf and leaving a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a nice romance. Thanks for stopping by earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read Anne of Green Gables a long time ago and thought it was perfectly charming. =] I haven't read any of the sequels yet, but knowing this is from the same author makes me want to keep an eye out for it as well. Thanks for sharing!

    Here's my teaser: http://herebebookwyrms.blogspot.com/2012/05/teaser-tuesday-11-hobbit.html

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Getting feedback on my posts makes my day! Thanks for being here!