Friday, February 26, 2010

Friday Firsts: Outlaw


The first line can make or break a reader's interest.
How well did the author pull you into the story
with their first sentence?

 

Outlaw"Hurry!" Megan ordered, her breath fogging in the frigid air as she leaned forward in the saddle. Her horse, a headstrong bay mare with an urge to nip, galloped through the forest as night closed in.





Front cover blurb says:  "He was tempted by the woman he swore to destroy" and the back cover says it's a:  "classic romance adventure set on the turbulent border of Wales, where a rogue knight and a lady clash with passionate intensity..."

I've read several of her other historical/fantasy/romances and really enjoyed them. I picked this one up at the library sale for 50 cents. The back cover sold me and the first line sucked me right in. I've gotta find out what she's running from...or to!


Friday Firsts is hosted by Well-Read Reviews.
Visit the site to share your current read!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Getting feedback on my posts makes my day! Thanks for being here!