Thursday, October 13, 2011

Free Help for Aspiring Historical Fiction Authors

Hello everyone! I don't usually post much of a personal nature on my blog, but I have made some wonderful blogging friends and have seen how instrumental bloggers can be in spreading information, so I wanted to take a moment to share some exciting news with you and to ask for your help. I have been hard at work over the past year, laying the groundwork for my new business venture, and I'm ready to start spreading the word!


As some of you may know, I hold a history degree from Virginia Tech, and this December, after fifteen months of classes, I will earn my professional copyediting certification from UCSD. I am launching my freelance book editing business, Historical Editorial, and I am looking to take on my first few clients free of charge in an effort to build my portfolio and refine my business practices.

I am specializing in editing historical fiction and all of its sub-genres, including romance, mystery, fantasy, steampunk, inspirational, and young adult. If you have completed or are nearing completion of a historical fiction manuscript, please visit my website and consider contracting my services under my special offer. And please, if you know of anyone who may benefit from my services, feel free to pass my contact information along to them!

I have also been working hard to establish a new blog to go along with my business. It's called, It's All in the Details, and it focuses on writing, editing, marketing, and publishing historical fiction. I would love it if you could stop by and take a look, and become a follower if you like what you see. I would also welcome any feedback or suggestions you have for me regarding my professional website and blog. And I will be forever grateful to anyone who would like to share this post and help me spread the word throughout the online reading and writing community!



Sincerely,

Jenny Quinlan
Historical Editorial
Twitter:  @EditingHistory
E-mail:   jennyq@historicaleditorial.com

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with the new venture!

    Were you able to complete the courses for the professional copyediting certification online? This is something I've been thinking about for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Hannah: Yes, UCSD offers an online program! It has been highly educational. Challenging, but fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, congrats Jenny and best of luck with the new venture.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Getting feedback on my posts makes my day! Thanks for being here!